Info Subtle Nuances in a Beautiful Mid-Century Inspired Home


Why hello there! Everything's been so rushed today - and then I discovered the home of historian Tara Mayer in the moutains in North Vancouver, and everything came to a grinding halt. As pared-back spaces go, this one is breathtaking! If you love incredible architecture, rich textures (light wood, concrete, marble, wool...), neutral nuances, mid-century furniture and worldly art pieces, you're in for a real treat! Relax, put your feet up and enjoy!


Concrete floors add a surprising amont of texture to a space, even so, a fluffy, cosy rug like this beni ourain (this one* is similar) is a must!

Be still my beating heart! Just how beautiful is this marble kitchen sink?! I love the wooden worktop too (do you think it slides?).

I am currently collecting handmade ceramics for my own kitchen - but seeing Tara's it looks like I've got a long way to go! They look so pretty as a complete collection, don't you think?



I love how Tara has used simple oyster and cream sheepskins to cushion the mid-century furniture - they add just the right amount of softness to the space. 
 

Get the look


1. Carl Hansen & Son CH25 Easy chair
2. Custom made Beni Ourain rug 
3. Nambé Kyoto Tea Pot*
4. Notary ceramics

Isn't this space beautiful?! I hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I did.

If you'd like to read a full interview and see more pics - check-out this feature over at Jenni Kayne.

Have a lovely evening!

Niki

All photos by Gillian Stevens.
 

Sumber http://www.myscandinavianhome.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel