For You Lot Lovely Rippled Ash Box

 Lawrence sent me these pictures of a real dainty box he's late completed. It's based on an article I wrote for F&C periodical a piece back. His description is below

The degree of accuracy required at every phase is crazy together with I made tons of mistakes making this one. I made mine from rippled olive ash together with the tray from ordinary ash amongst a hog suede lining. The panels inward the transcend are made from spalted beech. The box mitres were reinforced amongst dovetailed dominos. The hinges are from Andrew Crawford. They fitted good but my router ready was non accurate plenty which resulted inward the chapeau beingness slightly skewed from the brain box.

Rippled ash together with olive ash are at in i trial my favourite woods to piece of occupation when making boxes or cabinets. It actually looks good when the halt is applied. For my box I used three coats Osmo Polyx crude (clear matt) cutting dorsum amongst 320 grit sandpaper. I had resawn the ash board inward social club to buy the farm a continuous hold off simply about the box equally well

I managed to buy the farm a piston agree on the tray together with thus it lowers on a cushion of air together with the chapeau closes silently, later easing the from border of the tray (as per your YouTube videos 😃)



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel