For Y'all Lignum Vitae Jack Plane


I've been important to brand myself this jack bird for a while. I wanted something that was every bit handy to purpose every bit a smoother but a flake longer for flattening work, every bit good every bit on the shooting board. It is 12" long alongside a one 3/4" Hock blade.


I made it from Lignum Vitae which is in all likelihood the best bird making woods available, if y'all tin larn large plenty chunks. Timberline inward Kent ordinarily has skillful stocks. It is really heavy, alongside an SG of 1.3, the bird weighs inward at 2.5 lbs as well as feels prissy as well as hefty inward the hand. Lignum is likewise really oily as well as then it planes alongside the minimum of friction. This blank was smasher on quarter sawn as well as then whatever shrinkage volition stimulate got minimal resultant on the sole flatness. It's non a pretty woods as well as its really expensive as well as then I haven't used it on whatever of the planes I sell.


I decided to sort the bird similar a shot from the ring saw inward Krenov style. This makes it really tactile as well as adds a footling to a greater extent than 'grip'. I worked carefully to larn the shaping only right, y'all tin e'er accept away but y'all can't add together back!

It surprising how deft y'all tin endure alongside a two tpi blade.


The mouth opening is a slither, only how I similar it!


The exam run on around difficult birds oculus maple, I holler back nosotros are going to endure skillful friends.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel