For Y'all Scottish Smoother From E Bay.


This is my well-nigh recent due east Bay purchase. The pictures on the get upwards weren't dandy exactly for £68 including postage stamp I wasn't risking much, peculiarly equally the parallel Ward together with Payne blade is worth one-half that alone.
Obviously the raise grip needed repairing exactly this is non hard or fourth dimension consuming. The bird itself was much amend than I expected amongst nicely over stuffed infills together with no harm to the metal.


I lead keep a Scottish smoother past times Galloway which gives me something to become by, although fifty-fifty this has a repaired spur.

It's interesting to come across the departure inward the angle of the spur compared to this Matheison smoother from the same tardily Victorian period.


My method for cleaning upwards the broken grip is to function it against the fighting of my tabular array saw. This gives a perfectly parallel surface to the sole which makes for tardily clamping.


The cutting revealed a boom which had presumably been used to reattach the broken spur at about fourth dimension inward the past. It likewise showed the infill woods to live on mahogany, which I suspected, rather than rose wood.


I decided to brand a instant deeper cutting to take away whatsoever roundness to the sides together with to accept off to a greater extent than of the nail.

The boom was recessed amongst a punch to avoid nay gamble of fouling the gum up.
I raided my stocks of former Cuban mahogany together with chose a slice amongst the grain running inward the same direction.

Here's a shot of the gum upwards which should yield an invisible gum line.
The fun (and fourth dimension consuming) business office comes next, I'll proceed you lot posted.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel