For You Lot Working Amongst Metal


I made a image of a dovetail scraper knife to hold out used alongside an starting fourth dimension marker technique, to a greater extent than of that at a later on date. I'm using Japanese scraper steel bought from Dictum inwards Germany, I'm as well as then glad they changed their refer from Dick! The steel is simply 0.5mm thick as well as and then needed to hold out cutting carefully  in guild to proceed it flat. I sandwiched the steel inwards two layers of 1/4" MDF attached alongside double sided tape, real useful stuff.


I used a criterion 10 tpi carbon blade which did the chore but didn't remain abrupt for real long. The Japanese steel had already been hardened to Rc 54, as well as then if I had whatever quantity to create I would purpose a Bi Metal HSS blade.


With the steel nonetheless sandwiched I cutting the blade to length too every bit the 45 storey end. The holes for the rivets were drilled earlier the MDF was prised from both sides. The resulting blade stayed dead apartment without whatever turned edges as well as the finished image knife came out well.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel