For Yous I To I Teaching.


I've simply finished a real enjoyable ii days, 1 to 1 instruction inward my workshop. This is a lot easier than carting everything to West Dean College to learn as well as I become to slumber inward my ain bed. The solely disadvantage is the pocket-size size of my workshop agency I can't learn a group.
Here is Jim trying out my novel Sauer as well as Steiner smoother to create unopen to finishing planing. It worked real good with no tear out on the rippled ash as well as is real comfortable as well as friendly to use.


The ii days were spent making a dovetailed box with a frame as well as panel lid. I had machined all the parts beforehand as well as made a box amongst Jim as well as then I could demonstrate the techniques involved.
The carcass was made from quarter sawn olive ash as well as the corporation panel was figured walnut.


I doubted whether Jim would locomote able to complete the box inward ii days but he did as well as then with an hr to spare. They were 10 hr days with solely a brusk intermission for dejeuner but never the less he did real good to become it done. What is all the to a greater extent than remarkable is that apart from making a dovetail alignment board earlier he arrived Jim had never cutting dovetails earlier as well as indeed had never made a slice of article of furniture inward his life!!


The dovetails were cutting forthwith from the saw with every 1 plumbing equipment kickoff fourth dimension with no adjustments, which is to a greater extent than than I tin tell well-nigh the dovetails on the box I was making!




Jim did all this operate himself, including perfect plumbing equipment hinges, no wonder he's smiling!


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel