For Y'all Marker Gauges


I'm making a batch of 48 mark gauges, these guide maintain been selling real good recently.
I've ever made them of Macassar Ebony which I purchase from Bob at Timberline. This is simply close the most expensive timber he sells together with the woods for each guide costs £5, which is a lot when yous reckon how pocket-size they are. I crusade to select quarter sawn stock for stability every bit good every bit a fine stripe to the grain.
Macassar Ebony is real dense (it won't float) which gives it a prissy weight inward the hand. It is every bit good real pretty every bit yous tin dismiss come across from these resawn boards.


The outset project is to cutting the slot for the sliding bar, I piece of job a slice of woods to ready the stops equi distance from the router cutter thus that I tin dismiss flip the bars together with rout from both sides to avoid tearout. It takes vi passes, 3 from each side, to consummate the cutting inward the 18mm thick stock. This woods is real brittle every bit good every bit difficult together with Bob laughed when I told him what I was using it for.


Anyway all went good together with the bars emerged prissy together with construct clean amongst no suspension out.


The heads were adjacent together with these were cutting thus the the grain is inward the same direction every bit the bar, preventing the stand upward for becoming unloosen over time. The 2mm groove was cutting on the router table, coming from both sides thus it was just central. These were thus cutting to size on the tabular array saw.


Next was drilling the hole for the threaded insert which needed to endure perfectly key together with inward the correct seat for the bar to slide all the agency downwardly to the face. By making all the heads identical I could ready the drill press upward to brand quick piece of job of the batch. The first-class Flip Stop organisation earned it's choke on yet again.
The caput inward the foreground is shown amongst the inset glued inward amongst epoxy resin.


Time to circular the dorsum of the heads. I used a perspex template to score out the variety of the caput together with thus cutting real simply about the score on my smaller Mini Max ring saw.  Even amongst my extractor hooked upward I nonetheless needed to vesture a dust mask every bit this materials actually makes my olfactory organ run.



Here's all the parts waiting for the knurled screws together with the blades, I'll set them to 1 side to settle earlier concluding finishing.
In the hateful fourth dimension I'll become some other batch of dovetail guides done, it doesn't accept long to run brusk of these.
Notice the spacing betwixt them, yous demand to process these rigid magnets amongst respect!


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel