For Yous Novel Planes Inward Corporation Lignum Vitae


To engagement I've been making to a greater extent than or less of my planes alongside a Lignum Vitae sole. From straight off on I'm going to hold out making the high angle smoother, 9" smoother too jack bird from company Lignum too I've simply completed a batch. It is a wonderful wood, rattling oily, extremely difficult wearing too rattling heavy, the perfect bird making wood. It's also rattling attractive inwards a manlike way.


Here are the high angled smoothers. I made a batch of iv for the European Woodworking Show to run across how they went down, I sold them all too came away alongside dorsum orders.


The 9" smoothers are longer wider too quite a fleck heavier, although they may non appear too thus inwards the photos. The 1 inwards the front end has a touching on of sapwood which I ever endeavor to include if possible.



The jack planes cause got a existent weight to them too experience peachy inwards the hand.


All the blanks are made from quarter sawn timber to minimise crusade inwards service, I also similar the look. This 1 was smasher on the quarter.



The reversing grain picks upward through the planer although it responds good to auto sanding, that is until it clogs the abrasive, which doesn't accept long!


All the planes are straight off branded alongside my stainless steel refer badge. There are too thus many curves on my planes at that topographic point weren't besides many options every bit to where this could go. Although the Lignum costs to a greater extent than to buy, I'll hold out asset the prices (for now!).

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel