For You Lot Perfect Border Joints


I've started making a modest walnut iv drawer chest. In venture to become continuous grain I'm making the run yesteryear together with sides from a brace of 1/2" thick mass matched board, which are also long to border articulation on my shooting board. I'm planing both edges straight off using my jointer airplane amongst side fence. The ii boards are 'hinged' to ensure a apartment result.

Above you lot tin run into the ii nicely rippled mass matched boards together with below the articulation pushed together.


When I orbit got such a overnice closed fit, I only role stretched masking record on both sides to clamp the joint.
The lack of pressure level doesn't innovate whatever stress into the articulation together with it should rest overnice together with flat.


I planed the shorter sections individually on the shooting board using my Veritas plane. You tin run into I've taken the nurture conduct maintain off together with then that I tin travelling steal nearer the blade which gives me much to a greater extent than command together with experience (thanks for the tip Bern).


Below are the ii boards sitting 1 on run yesteryear of the other, amongst no visible daylight between. You tin run into the 'up' together with 'down' marks that remind me which means to facial expression upwards each board to ensure a apartment panel results.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel