For You Lot Perfect Dovetail Spacing


I've seen woodworkers instruct to nifty lengths to ensure their dovetails are evenly spaced out, the Alan Peters method using callipers plant real well. However I've e'er eyeballed my mark out as modest differences inwards dovetail spacing are non picked upwards yesteryear the eye.
What I create discovery straightaway noticeable is a variation inwards the width of the pins. I've been toying alongside the sentiment of making a double kerf starter which would brand identical sets of kerfs to house the saw blade in, but together with then I remembered I had kept all my used Japanese saw blades over the final twenty years. So alongside 2 of these blades, a slice of sparse veneer together with roughly double sided tape, I made my ain double bladed kerfing saw.

Run upwards against a foursquare (or using my xc grade magnetic guide) the exam results were impressive, giving perfect pairs of cuts from which the tails could travel cut. The technique would travel as good suited for cutting dovetails freehand or alongside 1 of my magnetic guides.
This spacing is suitable for finer dovetails leaving an overall gap (with the waste product removed) of only 1.75 mm. This was achieved using 2 372 saw blades alongside a 0.6 mm thick veneer stuck in-between.
Whilst I was at it, I made upwards a thicker version alongside an overall 2.5 mm spacing for larger carcass dovetails.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel