For Y'all David Stanley Auction


I visited the David Stanley auctions for the commencement time, this wasn't the international auction simply it was silent good attended. I was gently reprimanded past times the auctioneer  for taking this photograph during proceedings!


I had arranged to run into Bill Carter, seen hither asset i of his fine jointer planes.  The other gent inwards the moving painting is Richard Arnold who made the 2 planes below inwards the manner of 18thC bench planes.


Richard did a really squeamish job, specially the ornately shaped offset handles. The planes had already been sold to an American for several hundred pounds.


Here is Richards stamp, inwards keeping amongst the period.


On the dependent land of plane makers hither is a fledgling maker Timothy Smith whose mitre planes actually caught my eye. Everything nearly his petty planes was right, the look, feel, size as well as remainder was location on. The complete he achieved was superb. Tims 24-hour interval task is amongst a really famous cabinet maker where he has been working for 26 years, this explains a lot. By the fourth dimension I met him he had already sold his finished stock, as well as thus I bought the plane shown below correct inwards bog oak. I'm really much looking forwards to receiving the finished article inwards a few weeks.


Bog oak plane on the correct as well as i in Laburnum on the left. The oral cavity closers are inwards holly as well as the blades are onetime cast steel.


Here is his parent stamp. The plane toll a really reasonable £250 considering the workmanship as well as fourth dimension taken to produce. Tim's adjacent projection volition live on an infill plane, spotter this space. Tim tin live on contacted at timothy-m-smith@lineone.net


So dorsum to the principal argue for my visit, Bill Carters planes. This petty grouping higher upward is worth nearly £20,000! They are wonderful tools as well as operate superbly.


Bill kindly gave me this petty boxwood plane. It's really cute as well as amazingly plant quite well. Bills married adult woman Sarah also treated me to lunch, I was doing doing really well. Many thank you lot to you lot both.


Of all of the planes, this is the i I actually would guide hold liked, simply I couldn't stretch the plane budget. I didn't move out without buying a plane nonetheless as well as I bought a actually squeamish all bronze (that's non brass!)mitre.


Here are the cupids bow dovetails on both the sides as well as bottom, you lot can't employ this inwards wood! I called them ducks feet as well as was gently reprimanded, again!
As far every bit the auction goes I never left Bills stand upward as well as missed the whole thing! But I met a lot of really squeamish as well as really talented people, an first-class 24-hour interval out.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel