For You Lot Dovetail Boxes

I've been working on a batch of dovetailed boxes amongst pin hinge lids. The  four smaller ones are complete. These are a expert seller at galleries together with shows together with I honey dovetailing!!
I used approximately actually squeamish birds optic maple for the front end dorsum together with top. The sides are  walnut for a squeamish contrast. I've non used this mode of grip earlier together with I'm really pleased amongst the result. The respite was drilled on the drill press taking attention to shroud the spur indent inside the hat expanse together with hence hidden past times the handle. The discs were turned to size on the disc sander amongst a lilliputian jig using a 2mm brass pin.
The disc is 1" diameter together with was cutting from approximately tight burr walnut .
Here is the hat opened upwards amongst the grip glued inward place.
The goal I used was half dozen coats of shellac, left overnight to harden together with and so cutting dorsum amongst  1,000 together with 1,500 grit  micro meshwork  abrasive. The matt surface was together with so lifted amongst a carnauba wax blend.

I aim to expire along the reveals equally tight equally I tin without binding. The shooting board is ideal for creeping upwards on a perfect fit.

You've belike noticed the protruding pins which volition allow me to take the lids to apply the hog peel lining. They volition survive cutting to length together with slightly recessed into a tiny chamfer for a slap-up finish.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel