For Yous Workshop Update


 I've finished the larger dovetailed boxes. This ane has a slightly protruding induce got cutting into the front. It has a tapered chamfer on the overstep which adds a tactile touch.


The birds oculus maple has a dainty ripple running through.


This box was made from musical instrument plane timber exactly alongside to a greater extent than or less colouring in. This costs one-half the toll of the forest inwards the commencement box exactly personally I prefer it, there's to a greater extent than character. The overstep is large leafage maple.


The induce got on this ane is real discreet too needed to a greater extent than or less real careful fitting. The forest needs to travel os dry out every bit whatsoever shrinkage volition sweat it to bind.


You may accept noticed that I e'er accept a few projects on the become at the same, this is for practical reasons (waiting for gum too complete to dry) exactly it's every bit good the means I similar to work. Here are the jointers I've been working on, shaped, alongside the commencement coat of petroleum applied.


I'm starting to a greater extent than or less other batch of mini smoothers, they accept sold real well. I'm using Mexican Rosewood (bocote) too kingwood every bit earlier exactly I'm every bit good making 8 inwards Brazilian tulipwood. This is wonderful wood, real pretty too difficult every bit stone.


Here's a shot of the terminate grain, I'm looking frontward to seeing these finished.


In club to sweat too withdraw every bit piddling textile every bit possible I tried using a real sparse carbon steel blade on my band saw alongside a 1 mm kerf instead of my commons ii mm. Unfortunately the blade was non upwardly to the tulipwood run across the ones on the left. The ones on the correct were cutting alongside my lennox tri primary carbide tipped blades which required the minimum of build clean up.


Here's my Holtey no 10 mitre plane making a nifty task of the stone difficult tuplipwood. There aren't many planes that could contend alongside this without trigger-happy out.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel