For You Lot Celebration Of Craftsmanship Exhibition


I paid a catch to the Celebration of Craftsmanship exhibition inwards Cheltenham today. This annual demo is recognised every bit the premier furniture show inwards the UK. Photography is non allowed but alongside a chip of persuasion  Jason Heap the organiser permit me accept these pictures on my mobile. The demo was bigger than always this twelvemonth as well as at that topographic point was about real fine furniture. My photos actually usage non usage it justice.





This was 1 of my favourite pieces past times Adrian McCurdy, it was a modest slice as well as had a surely rightness.
It was mitt hewn as well as all the same bore the tool marks of the adze.


This sideboard came from the Barnsley Workshops as well as was a magnificent piece. The oak as well as dark-brown oak were feathered inwards layers as well as thence that when the shaping was done it produced this unusual striped effect. The drawers fitted absolutely perfectly alongside no wobble detectable at all. Some of the other makers on demo had drawers which roughshod a long agency brusk of this perfection, which was a shame. The chemical compound curves fitted perfectly as well as must stimulate got been a real challenge. This slice was on sale for £78,000 as well as had already sold!
I entered 5 pieces inwards terminal years show, unfortunately  I ran out of fourth dimension  to brand whatever for this year, I'm  spending likewise much fourth dimension making tools! This was 1 of the pieces I entered terminal twelvemonth which was made from woods bought from the workshop of the belatedly Alan Peters. It is 1 of the nicest pieces I stimulate got made.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel