For Y'all Workshop Activity.


I've but finished a pocket-size batch of dovetail guides, it didn't seem really long since I did the concluding one!


My Kirjes pneumatic drum sander is a swell fiddling tool, I don't know how I managed shaping my planes without it. The exclusively drawback is that the motor gets hot too needs to live left to cool every twenty minutes for around other twenty minutes, non swell when you're inwards the middle of a batch. So the response was to purchase around other motor which was cheaper than I idea (£90), I  wish I'd done this ages ago.


I bought this Norris A5 on due east Bay, the laquer was good scratched too at that spot were enough of pigment spots but at that spot was no impairment too it had a practiced length master copy blade.


The forepart bun showed around fine figured rosewood, this 1 should come upwardly up well.


Another due east Bay purchase was this Spiers panel plane for £136, a practiced buy. Apart from the cracked spur which I tin strength out easily repair from my stock of Rio Rosewood it was inwards squeamish social club amongst the master copy (if short) Ward blade which gave a really fine mouth. This volition live a swell user plane.

 The forepart bun has a brass stud added yesteryear a previous owner, this is quite mutual too allows the blade to live retracted slightly if tapped amongst a hammer. This is a useful add-on too has been nicely done, I won't live removing it.


Here is a really squeamish Slater shoulder plane which caught my eye. I bought it from http://theoldtoolshed.co.uk/
for £95 inc stamp which I was pleased with. It had the master copy practiced length Marples Fe amongst all parts stamped 0. The status is really practiced amongst no impairment but what actually drew me to it was the purpose of the sap woods of the Rio Rosewood which looks stunning. Slater were considered budget planes inwards their solar daytime then the purpose of the sap was practical too the user presumably didn't hear equally they were paying less for the plane.


My last purchase was 135 unused cast steel plane blades yesteryear Herring. They are nigh 100 years former too the steel is wonderful, although they are a fleck rusty. I purpose these on my Mini Smoothers, that volition larn out on me going for a while! I volition postal service subsequently on, showing my procedure for cleaning upwardly too preparing these blades for use.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel