For Yous Krenov Fashion Wall Cabinet


Well hither it is the terminal postal service of my showtime twelvemonth Blogging. It's been difficult run but the feedback together with involvement has grown good together with I've but passed 10,000 postal service views inwards the terminal month, then lots to a greater extent than for the New Year.
My latest projection (when I could sneak some fourth dimension inwards the workshop) is a Krenov inspired wall cabinet. I'm making the door from around wonderfully figured ash acquired from the Barnsley workshop a few years ago.


The door was to last curved which could last achieved inwards a few ways. Krenov typically coopered his curved doors but this industrial plant best for quarter sawn stock where the joins blend inwards amongst the vertical grain direction together with would non accept been suitable for this board. I seriously considered laminating the door from 2-3 mm strips cutting on the ring saw together with gluing them on a quondam inwards the vacuum press. If I had intended making to a greater extent than similarly curved doors I would accept gone this route, but equally it was I decided to kind the door from a solid piece. The shot inwards a higher house shows the within of the door amongst virtually of the waste matter removed on the tabular array saw, making minute tiptop adjustments to the blade on each cut.


I removed around of the waste matter on the exterior of the door on the surface planer (jointer) but didn't teach likewise far equally past times immediately the woods was getting thinner together with at that spot was a opportunity of serious damage. From that quest it was over to mitt planing using a curved sole bird for the within together with a apartment smoother for the outside working downward to the curved lines drawn on each destination of the board.


Here is the trial afterwards scraping together with initial sanding. I had considered leaving the door lead from the plane, Krenov style, but at that spot was likewise much tearout on the swirling grain.


The carcass is from quarter sawn olive ash, the same board equally my lately completed tool cabinet. Here I am dovetailing the sides amongst the boards taped together for speed. I'm all the same rattling pleased amongst my Bench Crafted Moxon vice, it's swell for dovetailing.
Here is the carcass amongst the dovetails dry out fitted, something I don't similar doing equally I commonly brand them a tight gibe which alone goes together once. After the hinges are marked together with the crimp traced on the top together with bottom it needs to come upwards apart for the run to last finished. I must also cry back to rout out the groove for the dorsum panel together with interior fitments before reassembly.
Anyway that volition come about inwards the New Year, then it but leaves me to wishing all of you lot the rattling best for the New Year's Day together with happy woodworking!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel