For Yous Largest Batch Of Bench Planes!


Firstly I would similar to apologise to those who accept been waiting for their planes they volition live posted tomorrow.
The batch is 17 inwards all, iv x Jack planes, six x 9" smoothers as well as seven x high angle smoothers, the nearly I've done inwards ane go. They are pictured awaiting lastly finishing as well as blades sharpening.


I sharpen all my plane blades amongst a pocket-size curve, fifty-fifty my jointer. The Hock blades come upwards beautifully the world as well as are thick plenty to sharpen gratis manus using the heal as well as toe of the bevel to decease along the angle straight. You tin run across the plication tapering away at each side, I clothing my H2O stones on the Odate Dressing plate as well as it gives me a perfect plication every time. http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/odate60micdressingplate220x.aspx


Here is the batch finished, checked as well as gear upwards for boxing.


The stock was nicely grained as well as smasher on quarter sawn, which helps greatly amongst keeping the sole apartment through changes inwards humidity.


The grain of the Jack plane as well as the 9" smoothers came from ane large board as well as was especially nice.


Two sides of a Jack plane shown inwards a higher house as well as below.


The resin gum used (see previous post) worked nicely as well as nearly of the planes had close invisible gum lines.
The rigidity of this gum volition preclude whatsoever tiny creep over time.
I'm glad this batch is off my bench!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel