For You Lot Walnut Jewellery Chest, Progress.


Even though the parts are quarter sawn I ever accept the precaution of allowing gratis air campaign on both sides. The fourth dimension taken to brand this board is good worth it, peculiarly equally it may last a few days earlier I operate on this projection again.


Here are the grooves cutting for the base, drawer runners as well as raise panel. This looks uncomplicated plenty but swell help was needed as well as I made upwards a combat board to cheque all the dimension earlier cutting. The grooves were cutting inward 2 passes amongst a four mm router bit.


The top, iii drawers supports as well as base of operations were all cutting to identical size on the tabular array saw. Then to ensure a rattling slight taper (wider at the back) I used iii stopped cuts on the shooting board on each border followed yesteryear ane through shaving. I marked the boards rattling carefully equally if I got ane of the tapers the incorrect means it would last disastrous.


I hence marked the depth of the tenons on the 3 supports as well as the base of operations amongst a bicycle marker approximate as well as used the same setting to score the baseline for the through dovetails on the top. This ensures that check of all v horizontal components is perfect. The tenons were cutting to a snug check on the shaper, only shy of the trouble as well as this was finished off amongst a sudden chisel. This was extra operate but yields rattling build clean shoulders.

Obviously the tenons were likewise long as well as these were trimmed dorsum to only nether four mm to check the grooves. Above is the finished tenon.


Next it was fourth dimension to score out as well as cutting the dovetails, all 17 of them. I used my double saw blade (see recent post) against a modest foursquare to ensure the tails were both foursquare as well as perfectly even. I'll last cutting these gratis hand, a task for or hence other day.



For anyone wondering what the finished breast volition await like, hither is a version I made a span of years ago.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel