For You Lot 20Th Century Pattern Auction.


I attended a local auction of 20th century blueprint at Woolley as well as Wallis inwards Salisbury. I was surprised to run across this master Shaker Mount Lebanese Republic No7 chair for sale as well as was fifty-fifty to a greater extent than surprised to run across the bidding halt at £320, good brusque of the £400 reserve. I virtually bid but I accept a lovely chair made past times Brian Boggs which is similar as well as non to my wife's taste.
The forest was sparse as well as extremely fragile as well as it was inwards real adept condition.

Here is the makers postage on i of the raise rails.


This is a Robert Mouseman oak stool which was inwards adept condition. The guess was £200 -£300 as well as it went for £320, these are real collectable.


Here's a unopen upwards of his trademark carved mouse on the front end border of the seat.


This part chair past times Charles as well as Ray Eames was real comfortable as well as it adept working order, its build quality was hence much ameliorate than anything yous tin but today. With an guess of £80 - £120 this was definitely tempting, although I didn't larn a hold off inwards amongst bidding finishing at £300!


This was a real fine refectory tabular array past times Ernest Gimson. It was on the pocket-size side at only over 6' as well as was beautifully proportioned, I wasn't the exclusively i to intend hence as well as it went for £7,000, agency inwards a higher house the £2-3,000 estimate.


Here is around other real fine tabular array this fourth dimension past times Gordon Russell, it had the same reserve equally the Gimson i inwards a higher house but exclusively went for £2,000.


This was a modern Carl Hansen Wishbone chair designed past times Hans Wegner. H5N1 bully looking as well as real comfortable chair although I didn't similar the plastic feeling black lacquer as well as it exclusively went for £220. If yous desire i of these much ameliorate to larn for i from the 1970's they experience as well as hold off much nicer.

And pictured below is my prize, the exclusively argue I attended the auction. H5N1 large 12" broad bowl inwards Mahogany (not Rosewood equally per the catalogue) made past times the slowly bully Alan Peters. It had an guess of £80 - £120 which I idea was real reasonable; hence did others as well as I had to part amongst £220 + committee to larn it.
I gave it a adept educate clean amongst orangish crude as well as '0000' wire wool as well as hence 2 sparse coats of Osmo satin matt to choose it dorsum to onetime glory. I am happy.




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel