For You Lot Making Brass Hammer Heads.


At the European Show I sold out of my chisel hammers, at the destination of the exhibit I was asked if I could sell my demo hammer, therefore that went every bit well! Time to brand approximately more.
The heads are 1 1/4" diameter in addition to the hole is 16mm (5/8"), a large bite. I cause got tried drilling airplane pilot holes to relieve the drill cutting but I've flora it easier in addition to to a greater extent than accurate to larn instantly inwards alongside a large HSS drill bit.


Here is my drill press gear upward alongside a tight plumbing equipment wooden carrier which is positioned using my adjustable fighting in addition to stops. I tin highly recommend the Flip Stop organisation pictured, it is superbly good made in addition to has no play whatsoever, it is expensive but good worth the money.


Here is my Meddings drill press, heavy duty in addition to accurate. I bought it mo paw in addition to they are good worth searching out. Three phase models are much cheaper than unmarried stage although you'll demand the appropriate ability provide or a converter which volition terms approximately other £200.


Here is my converter which has proved reliable in addition to tardily to use. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 £10 extra is the variable speed command which is vastly to a greater extent than convenient than changing belts, does anyone ever produce that??


Here is the resulting hole, tending has to last taken to larn it cardinal in addition to in that place are ever a few rejects inwards a batch.


Here are 105 heads alongside the holes drilled, that's close v hours of dull work....... (sorry!)


The side yesteryear side stage is to cast the rounded destination on the disc sander alongside eighty grit. This is in addition to then worked through 120 in addition to 240 grit to smoothen things out.


Next is 320 grit on the fantabulous Kirjes pneumatic drum sander, this was worked against the previous scratch marks to smoothen the curves.


Polishing was done on a Creusen buffing machine using blueish chemical compound alongside the resulting heads shown below.


I'm certain in that place are quicker ways of achieving this result, but the numbers don't warrant gearing upward alongside expensive machinery. Any assistance alongside speeding upward this procedure would last most welcome.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel