For You Lot Wonderful Rippled Ash Hammer Handles.


H5N1 few years agone I bought one-half a log of lovely rippled ash, how I wishing I'd bought the other half. I've made a couplet of pieces of slice of furniture merely it's non slow to run woods that's this figured amongst approximately subtlety. It's odd to   discovery ash rippled all the means to the heart.


The lines expect similar band saw marks merely this is fresh from the planer.


Here are the ii boards, 2" thick in addition to plenty for good over 100 hammer handles.


After a trip to my proficient turner friend Jim, hither are approximately of the handles unfinished.


These are the handles afterwards a few coats of lacquer rubbed out to a overnice sheen. The coloring fabric changes from pure white to the nighttime olive of the heartwood, my favourite.

The handles are matched upward to their heads get for wedging amongst contrasting bog oak. They are hence pinned  with 3/16" brass rod to brand certain they remain put.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel